Monday, 4 August 2014

The End of the July Challenge.

Actually Finishing Something in July is over. Here are the final questions.

Did you reach your goal?

No, but I was close! I only had... I think three stories left. And Author's Notes, perhaps. Though I'm not sure about that.

What was the most difficult part of finishing something this July?

Mmm, trying to finish, perhaps? But maybe that wasn't really difficult, just rushed. 

Did you maintain a writing schedule? How often did you write to meet your goal?

I wrote nearly every week day, excepting a few, I believe. So I guess I could call that a schedule, right?

List some of the musical tracks/artists you listened to most frequently this July. 

I listened to a lot of stuff: How to Train Your Dragon, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Trek, Star Wars, (I'm guessing, I believe, because this is some of the stuff I usually listen to) and a few musical songs, I think.

Snippets! Share some of your July writing. 

Sure! These are from the stories I have edited this month, not necessarily new stuff. :P But this first one is new, I believe.

“Victoria, when you grow up,” mother said, her hand on her daughter’s cheek, “you must always remember that you are a lady. No matter what happens to you, you must act maturely, and with grace and poise. A true lady does not have to be rich in wealth, only in maturity. You will remember that, won’t you, my dear?” ~Victoria
*
Jeffrey had seen the sight many times, and each time had been horrible, but this time was worse. He knew Albert well.
“Aim,” came the brisk call, and the soldiers in the line lifted their rifles to shoulder height. Albert’s eyes were on the sky.
“Fire!” ~After Four Long Years
*
After a few minutes, he spoke again. “I don’t understand you.”
She smiled slightly, bitterly. “I could say the same for you.”
He frowned. “You could have let me be killed, but instead you saved me. Why?” ~Friend or Foe?
*
“John Trevor Skinner, how long has it been since this was last washed?” mother demanded sternly, holding up one of my uniform shirts. Her eyes were solemn but I thought I saw her lips wiggling a little bit, like she was going to laugh.
“Two weeks or so,” I said slowly. ~We Regret To Inform You...
*
Annie leaned her head against Bernice’s shoulder, closed her eyes to block out thoughts of war and pain and death, and listened the wind and the stream, and Jacob’s voice in her head.
Here in Oregon in my home, Annie. I don’t want to leave it.
Annie scraped her tongue across her teeth. What if he’s left it forever now? ~Time of War, Time of Peace
Pick a character from your July writing project and describe his or her daily wardrobe. Imagine how this character would dress is he or she were living in the year 2014. (This is your excuse to play with Pinterest and Polyvore. You're welcome.) 

Okay.... Victoria, from the story that is right now being called Victoria, but may have a changed title if I can think of one, usually wears a... well, she might wear something like this:


But today, she might wear something like...  this:






3 comments:

Jessy Jones said...

These snippets are wonderful! And I love Victoria's modern-day outfit very much. It actually reminds me of one of my favorite TV show characters. If the dress was a different color, that's actually something I would love to wear.

you have been nominated for the liebster award
|| the writeress ||

Jack said...

I like your music taste.

After Four Long Years, I LOVED that snippet!!

Molly said...

Jack and Jessy Jones: Thanks you!