Saturday, 5 July 2014

Nathaniel Simmons.

Time for Beautiful People over at Further Up and Further In! This month I will be using Nathaniel, from Broken Nation.





1) What’s their favourite food? (Bonus: favourite flavor of chocolate!) 

Fried squirrel. Nathaniel prefers dark chocolate. Milk chocolate won't be invented for another twelve years.

2) What do they absolutely hate? 

Hmm, I guess that could depend. But maybe people getting bad ideas about him. He wants everyone to know exactly who he is and what he thinks, not just let people have their own twisted ideas.

3) What do they enjoy learning about? 

Science. Nathaniel wanted to study the earth and plants before the war started.

4) Who is the most influential person in their life? 

Fanny, his sister. They are very close, despite a three year age difference. Nathaniel is seventeen, Fanny is fourteen.



5) What is their childhood fear? 

Spiders. Nasty, crawling, biting spiders. Yuck.

6) What is something they have always secretly dreamed of doing, but thought impossible? 

Nathaniel wants more than anything to go to the moon. Of course, that could never happen, but still...

7) What is something he is impractically afraid of? 

Gunpowder blowing up in his face. He's in a war, he has to take a chance with that happening, but he still fears it.

8) Are they a night owl or morning person? 

A morning person. Nathaniel can be up hours before dawn for many days at a time.

9) Do they say everything that pops into their head, or leave a lot unsaid? 

Hmmmm... Nathaniel tends to keep things inside, except when he's talking with Fanny.

10) What are their nervous habits?

Nathaniel rubs his forehead and pulls at the hair at the edge of the back of his head.




I wonder what the questions will be next month? :)

3 comments:

Jessy Jones said...

Spiders seems a very common answer for some reason. I did not realize how very many people hate spiders!

Is Broken Nation a WIP or is it finished already?

Molly said...

For me, I don't like spiders, but I don't think I hate them, like Nathaniel does. :) If they're behind glass, I'm okay, but when they crawl on me, or I don't know what kind they are... yucky.

"Broken Nation" has the first draft of it completed, and right now I am going through it and editing it for my July Challenge. I'm not that good at editing, I believe, so my idea of it is correcting spelling, sentence structure and wording, and sometimes storyline. However, with stories that REALLY need a lot of work, I overhaul them or whatever you might call it and try to fix the entire plot to make it better.

robynhoode said...

Fidgeting with hair is a nervous habit answer I've seen a lot. I used it, too. :)

I like your answers.

~Robyn Hoode