Monday, 28 July 2014

A Story For You.

Let me please tell you a story.

Once upon a time, on April 2nd, 2013, a girl began to write a story, opening with this not-edited sentence.

There was doubt about it that it was the same thing every time they went.

The girl is me. That sentence, missing a "no" after the second word, was the very first real sentence of the first draft of my book: The Lost World. That book is what I want to write about today. For that book, which has come a LONG way since those first few ideas and sentences, is now a published work.

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, after more than a year, The Lost World is published and for sale. I wish I had some chocolate to eat in celebration. :)

I want to thank Belle,  Selena, and Bea for their help in reading my book or parts of it for me. I also thank my mom for listening to me when I wanted to talk about it and helping me if I needed some questions answered and stuff. And I thank God for helping me through this. It was TOUGH at times. I got stuck and there were times when I didn't feel like writing, especially after a certain point. But it's done. And I'm glad.

I don't want to sound snooty or "You have to buy my book" or anything, but, The Lost World can be purchased here,  and hereThe first link is to Amazon, the second to the Create Space eStore. 

I wonder if we do have any chocolate lying around the house?



2 comments:

Kiri Liz said...

Congratulations, Molly!! I'm so excited for you!!

Molly said...

Kiri Liz: Thanks!