Saturday, 21 June 2014

Several Things...

First off, here is the first scene for Exchange Prisoner, my fourth plot bunny.

“Good morning, Bertram,” Angela yawned, staring up at the little monkey perched on the edge of the floor of his cage. “How does the sky look this morning?”
Bertram blinked his round eyes at her and squeaked in his own monkey language, which of course, Angela couldn’t understand a word of. He then swished his tail and yawned.
Angela yawned too. The morning felt dull and sloth-like. She dragged herself out of bed and went to the window, her knees trembling against one another. She just had to keep her eyes looking straight ahead, then she wouldn’t see how far up she was. Angela was deathly afraid of heights. For some things, she was a sensible girl, but when it came to places that were of high altitude, she was as useless as a piece of wood in place of a sword in the hand of a knight.
A knight would be useful at the moment, actually. Then she and Bertram could be rescued. Angela rested her chin on her hand and stared at the clouds. All her life she had dreamed of a dashing knight or prince coming to sweep her off her feet. Only a few had ever appeared, but they had either been of the age of five, or were already engaged to someone else, or had terribly bad habits.
But now there was not even one engaged, nose-picking, five year old to come to her rescue. Was she to spend the rest of her days locked in this tower, a prisoner to Count Tomas? Angela rubbed her forehead. Bertram squeaked again and leapt around inside his cage. She ignored him, knowing that if she undid the latch he would jump on her.

“I wish something would happen,” she said aloud, moodily. As soon as the words left her mouth, something did. A shoe flew through the window and landed by her feet. A very muddy, very smelly, shoe. With a piece of paper sticking out of it.
*
All right. Now, I have my fifth plot bunny! War Across the Seas. This one is one of those back covers that has part of the story from it instead of just a regular one.

“Lottie, what is it?” Michael took her by the arms and turned her to face him. “Why are you so upset?”
Charlotte bit her lip, trying to blink away tears. “I should think you would know, Michael Braxton! ‘Twas bad enough to have father leave, and now you say you wish to go and fight as well! Oh, why must young men be such hotheads, and wish to go and kill others? You will only be killed yourself, if you're not careful! I am so sick of this tiresome war! Why must the colonies rebel at all? Or why can’t we just let them be their own country? Surely after a bit they would tire of it, as with a new toy that grows old, and come back to us!”
Michael sighed. “It doesn’t work that way, my sweet. We must not let the colonies have their own way like this! ‘Tis like they are children! They must be trained, and brought up properly, else they will be entirely spoiled! I do not want to leave you all alone, but I must! For ‘tis my duty to go and fight for the King!”
“You do not want to leave me?” Charlotte snapped, grabbing her brother’s hands. “Very well then. I shall go with you! For if I cannot persuade you to stay, then I will not try! Instead, I will go with you!”
*
And now, for the last thing. I am so excited, my followers! For yesterday, I finished the first draft of my Beauty and the Beauty retelling!!!!!!! I am so happy! This novella took me eighteen days to write, is 16,021 words counting numbers for chapters, has four chapters, and has pleased me VERY much!! I think this is one of my favorites of what I have written so far. So, I am done the first draft and I am so happy! Very happy, Bob. Very happy. :)


Now I need a title. I have though of several, all not very good. But here they are, at least some of them.

True Love Heals
Love, Fear and Devious Deeds
Barbara and the Greg. *note. I am NOT using this one, it just popped into my head when I was trying to think of a title*

So. None of them are that good. Any suggestions?



5 comments:

Alyianna Baggins said...

I like "True Love Heals" best, but I can't really help, as I'm terrible at thinking up titles, too. Sorry. :-/

Jessy said...

(I only read the last bit, the part about Greg and Barbara. I'll read the rest later!)

Hurray!! That makes me very happy, too!

Hmm... I'm not sure. Of course, it'd be easier if I'd read the story... I do like how "Devious Deeds" sounds, though!

Bound and Freed said...

True Love Heals is beautiful, but it spoils the story for me.

What about...

War Wounds
or
A Soldier's Return
or
My Soldier's Return

Molly said...

Bound and Freed: Oh, whoops, sorry if I spoiled the story for you! :P I go like A Soldier's Return. I'll have to think about it...

Jessy Jones said...

Hmm, those are good!