Thursday, 5 June 2014

Beautiful Greg.

Beautiful People is going again! The links to the two blogs are on this button.....


There. Now for the questions. This month I will be doing Greg, from my new story that does not have a official name as of yet. :D

1) What is their full name and is there a story behind why they got it? 

Gregory Peter Steinway. Nope.

2) How old are they, and when were they born? 

Greg is..... twenty-five. He was born on May 11, 1920. Can you guess when the story takes place? :D

3) Describe their physical appearance. (Bonus questions: 1. What is their race/nationality/ethnicity? 2. Do you have a picture of them? If so, include it!) 

He has brown hair, brownish eyes, and nice hair. He's American, with German ancestry. And I sure do have a picture. I like having characters casts. :)




4) Describe your character's personality first in one word, and then elaborate with a few sentences. 

Afraid. Well, afraid for a good bit of the story. He doesn't want to hurt Barbara with what he's been through, and ends up hurting her anyway. It's kind of a mix of anger and fear, really.

5) What theme song(s) fit their personality and story arc? 

If I Can't Love Her from Beauty and the Beast. Well, that's the best one I can think of at the moment. Also the line from Frozen: "Don't let them in, don't let them see."

6) Which one of the seven deadly sins describes your character? 

What are the seven deadly sins? He gets angry very easily nowadays.

7) If they were an element (fire, water, earth, air), which one would they be? 

Fire. Since the war, that is. Easily angered and potentially dangerous.

8) What is their favorite word? 

Peace. Definitely peace.

9) Who’s one person they really miss? (It could be someone who’s passed away, or someone they’re not close to anymore, or someone who’s moved away.)

Barbara. He wants to love her, but he's changed, and feels like he can't, not anymore.

10) What sights, sounds, and smells remind them of that person? 

Roses, the smell of light perfume, a piano.  



Well, that was fun! Poor Greg. I do like him, but when I wrote the first scene I wanted to do some violence to him. But now I feel bad for him. He's lonely.

11 comments:

Jaguar Hero! said...

Poor Greg! :) (but I suppose there wouldn't be reason for a story without giving him some pain). That picture for him goes well with the time period. Great character.

Molly said...

Jaguar Hero: Thank you!

Alyianna Baggins said...

Coming in from the Beautiful People link up. :)

Greg sounds like an amazing character and one that I would definitely like to hear more about. You have earned yourself a follow. :) :)

Molly said...

Alyianna Baggins: Aww, thank you so much for following! I hope you enjoy my blog. :D

Skylar Finn said...

I'm already intrigued! I feel sympathetic towards Greg already. He seems like a complex character :)

Skylar @Life of a Random

Jameson C. Smith said...

Stopping by from the Beautiful People linkup. :)

Greg sounds like a great character to write about. :)

Tansie Gray said...

Hmmm... Greg sounds like a very intriguing character. I'd love to read more about him!

Tansie @Totally Tansie

Anne Engelhart said...

Wrath and fire go together perfectly. I think Greg would get along with my character Sara. They just want peace in a world that is anything but. :)

Jessy said...

The seven deadly sins are in Proverbs (6:16-19).

I love Greg so much! I didn't much like his picture at first, but now that you describe his appearance, it's perfect.

Jessy said...

I searched a summary of them and found this picture: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/68345/2496009-the_seven_deadly_sins_by_darkkrad2.jpg.

(Sorry about them needing a bit more at the top...)

I looked up avarice and it just means greed: "insatiable greed for riches; inordinate, miserly desire to gain and hoard wealth"

I guess that would make Greg's wrath.

Molly said...

Jessy: I looked up the verse, thanks!