Wednesday, 20 November 2013

So This Would Be A Celebratory Post, But....

Okay, a bit of explanation here. Today I finished the first draft of The Lost World. *Insert squeeees and whoops and screams here* And I was sooo excited! And for about two minutes, or maybe even less, I though, "Great, the first draft is done, now comes editing!" Or something like that. :P

But then, I realized that I still need to add some more onto the ending to make it more final.

Oh. False alarm? Maybe, but I don;t think so. Because, you see, that can all be part of the second draft! I don't have to worry after all! So, yes, I am a little sheepish about getting all excited about finishing and then realizing there's still work to do, but..... that can come in the second draft. :)

So have I finished? YES!!!!!!!! WHOPPEEE!!!!!!!!!! *snaps finger and shakes arms in Tevye style* But I still have work to do. And that's okay.

Well, hope this made sense, and sorry if it didn't. :) I'm not always very intelligible. Here is my little thingy about the book. AON stands for As Of Now. For this all may change, who knows?


First Word of the Book AON: Although.
Last Word of the Book AON: Tomorrow.
Word Count AON: 25,199 ( This doesn't count the title and the The End)
Number of Pages AON: 58
Main Character: Marguerite Cassandra Sanski or Rita.
Time it Took my to do first draft: Ummmm, not sure, maybe.... six months? Maybe more? Yeah, I know, I was slow. :)


Well, that's all for now! Celebrate with me, my friends! :D



5 comments:

Emma Jane said...

Congratulations on finishing your draft, Molly! Wow! That's so exciting! I've never finished a book myself, but I can imagine what a great feeling that must be. Happy editing! : )

~Emma

Selena said...

yay yay yay! I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been getting enthusiastic about the story from reading all the snippets from it...and I can't wait to read more!

Molly said...

Emma Jane: Thanks so much! There certainly is a thrill to finishing the first draft or your nook! I am planning to start editing soon! :)

Selena: Thanks!!!!!! Awww, that's so sweet of you! :)

Isabella said...

CONGRATS! (wow I'm really late :)) I haven't been doing a lot of blogging and stuff so I totally missed lots of posts! Anyway, congrats, and good luck on editing :)

-Belle

Molly said...

Belle: Thanks, m'dear! Better late than never, as they say. :D